Miles Tree and Stump
A Customer Success Story
Miles Tree and Stump has been in business for almost 10 years. They remove and trim trees, remove stumps, do land clearing and pesticide applications. Trade Service Pro recently had the opportunity to sit down and talk with the owner, Alec Miles Wallace, a certified arborist and certified pesticide applicator.
What problems did you have you had before you started using Trade Service Pro?
We had a myriad of problems with the other software we tried before
- Scheduling was always complicated and difficult.
- Just trying to create a proposal, there were always so many steps to have to go through. So I would keep putting things off. I’ll do it later. I’ll do it when I get back to the office. I’ll do it when I finish this. I’ll do it when I finish that.
- All the programs we looked at were expensive.
- We had problems with proposals and invoices going through email. They would always be marked as spam, so that was a big problem.
- Taking credit card payments was an issue, that was always an add-on that cost extra.
Also, having all the features available between my mobile phone, tablet and laptop. Most of the things you need to do were only available on PC which you could only do from home and therefore you had to wait until the end of the day to do half the work, which just extends the workday.
What was your main concern about switching to Trade Service Pro?
My main concern was being able to transfer customer lists and integrate everything without losing information. I was also worried about learning a whole new program, which could cost time and money. But Trade Service Pro was intuitive and user-friendly, and none of my concerns ended up being an issue.
What are the benefits you’ve noticed sincejoining Trade Service Pro?
A huge benefit we’ve gotten from Trade Service Pro is getting paid on time, not waiting months and months sometimes to get a payment that could have been invoiced and paid right there on the job. Now we can actually do that! Scheduling is much less of an issue too. Before TSP, I used to have to keep a lot of job information in my head.
What surprised you the most about using Trade Service Pro?
The speed of the program. It seems like all the other ones I tried were designed 20 years ago -- and they feel like that. They’re slow and clunky. With Trade Service Pro everything is much more streamlined, making it fast. I can get to a customer profile in seconds, instead of waiting minutes. Even if you don’t have Wi-Fi, Trade Service Pro still runs really fast.